At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As the Marketing Web Developer, you will lead the technical execution of all our marketing programs — you’ll implement, maintain and update web properties and infrastructure, email and landing page templates, and help integrate our marketing technology stack with other crucial business systems. This role is responsible for full-stack web development, systems administration, and technical partner management. We’re looking for someone who can discover, communicate and work to resolve business problems — the ideal candidate is looking to extend their core web development skills to provide the technical layer underpinning the marketing funnel that drives our business.
- Build high quality, responsive consumer web experiences for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Collaborate with Opal's brand design team on interactions, visual identity and user flow.
- Take part in brainstorms and workshops to help gather requirements, and help set the direction for marketing technology at Opal.
- Identify, research and propose new technologies to solve crucial business problems for a fast-growing start up.
- Manage and extend integrations between business systems including Marketo, Salesforce, CraftCMS, Fortrabbit, AWS, Google Analytics, Azuqua and the Opal platform.
- Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with modern web workflow: CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS), modern build tools (e.g., webpack, grunt, gulp), GitHub, etc.
- Working familiarity with business systems analysis, requirements gathering and technical documentation practices.
- Must have a good eye for design fidelity — the ability to know when something looks “off” and the resourcefulness to find ways to fix it.
- Some design background preferred, experience working with designers required.
- Experience with agile project management methods (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) necessary.
- Ability to collaborate with external technical partners, internal resources and across teams to achieve objectives. Strong personal work ethic.
- Extremely detail oriented, along with the ability to navigate ambiguity. Independent self starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to high-quality execution with minimal supervision.
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency and a bias to action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Proven ability to foster and grow relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, associations and/or media partners.
- This role is based in our Portland, OR office.
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A very inviting and supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
Opal is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.