At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As an Engineer at Opal, you will be joining a team of individuals that have been “battle tested” through real world experience in developing the backends of performant web applications and micro-services that power the Opal Platform.
- Architect, support, and maintain a stack of technologies including:
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Provide and maintain scripted solutions for automation, maintenance, and monitoring in a variety of languages including:
- Administer and maintain credentials for a variety of infrastructure and services
- Maintain, protect, and administer data storage systems including security, encryption, and GDPR compliance
- Build tools, systems, and processes that allow your fellow engineers to ship world-class software as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Architect, support, test, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Working closely with QA, Platform, Operations, and Experience/UI teams to automate and simplify workflows
- Advise and support best practices for a variety of technologies
- Provide Root Cause Analysis for Platform Operations system failures
- Use Git to manage DevOps deployment scripts and configuration files through version control and peer review
- Taking part in product brainstorms to help think up the next big thing
- Lending a helping hand, or ear, whenever necessary
- Be a leader in documenting, educating, and de-siloing of information and process
- Be a champion of supporting customer needs and finding short-term ways to fill those needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- 3-5+ Years of DevOps / SysAdmin experience supporting enterprise-grade web applications
- Strong understanding of modern web application architectures, both service-oriented and monolithic, especially focused around Ruby-on-Rails and Elixir
- Deep knowledge of one or more server configuration management frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack
- Experience with infrastructure as code and technologies behind it (Terraform preferred)
- Experience deploying production web applications to cloud-based hosting and containerized technologies like Docker
- AWS ecosystem mastery
- Demonstrated ability to gather and present data to support ideas, projects, and opinions
- First-hand experience with server/container virtualization, provisioning and remote configuration
- Knowledge of relational database maintenance and design
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A very inviting and supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
Opal is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.