Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
The VP, Controller will be responsible for the leadership, development and execution of the company’s global accounting function, including global controllership, financial operations, taxes and financial reporting. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will bring both strategic vision and best-practices to guide the accounting team, coupled with a hands-on and tactical approach to enable effective implementation. The individual will demonstrate strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issue and a healthy dose of professional curiosity when addressing business and accounting issues.
The candidate will be a proven executive with experience leading or significantly contributing to a high-performing accounting and control organization, ideally in a software or global technology company. The successful candidate will bring both strategic vision and best-practices to guide the team, coupled with a hands-on and tactical approach to enable effective implementation. The individual will demonstrate strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issue and a healthy dose of professional curiosity when addressing business and accounting issues.
The successful candidate will quickly grasp company operations and business drivers and will possess a high degree of integrity and independence. The individual will have international experience working with and/or establishing overseas financial operations and controls. The candidate will have 15-20 years of experience dealing with complex accounting matters, including some combination of public accounting and corporate experience.
The successful candidate will also have the following leadership and personal competencies:
• Integrity: Unquestioned personal and professional integrity, a reputation for excellence and setting a high ethical standard for performance. Quickly grasps and embraces the company’s values.
• Execute for Results: Committed to excellence and able to drive results in the organization. Able to prioritize and relentlessly follows through on commitments despite difficulties or complications. Well-versed in performance management and a strong business partner to line leaders in the organization. Resourceful in nature, and consistently provides practical and creative solutions to business challenges.
• Manage Work Processes: Designs effective and efficient work processes and systems. Figures out what to measure to track progress. Diagnoses and fixes work flow problems and always looks for incremental process improvement.
• Relationships and Interpersonal Skills: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels across the organization. Highly collaborative and supports open and transparent dialogue throughout the organization. Assembles the best teams possible to positively impact the business.
• Gets Work Done Through Others: Able to manage people and teams well. Sets and communicates guiding goals, measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback. Delegates and develops, keeps people informed, provides coaching for today and for the future.
• Team Builder: An excellent leader and manager of people, with the ability to recognize outstanding performance and build a strong team. Fosters a sense of teamwork and pride by promoting, recognizing, and rewarding individuals who have made significant contributions. Builds effective teams committed to organizational goals, fosters collaboration among team members and among teams, and leverages teams to address relevant issues.
• Communicates Effectively: Writes and presents effectively. Adjusts style to fit the audience and the message. Good listener, demonstrates open and honest communication with the team, respects ideas and opinions.