moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Technical Product Manager you’ll the vision and execution for moovel’s north american platform, and ensure that each product in the line is of the highest caliber. The Technical Product Manager will help define what success means and hold the business accountable for delivering product features and customer experiences that align with our business strategy. The position will work on concepting, building and deploying mobility as a service (MaaS) products with a specific focus on data strategy and data infrastructure. The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in tech, transportation/mobility, and will be passionate about moovel’s mission and vision.The right candidate will have demonstrated experience in tech, transportation/mobility, and will be passionate about moovel’s mission and vision.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define and “own” the vision for your product line
- Define and deliver partner-facing APIs as part of the mobility platform
- Define and deliver data-as-a-service both public and private APIs in order to both measure and enrich moovel’s entire product suite with real-time data
- Deeply understand the customer and determine and customers' needs and desires using design thinking approaches
- Applying Lean and agile product management to define, manage, and prioritize epics, stores and minimal viable products (MVPs)
- Perform market and user validation and develop business cases for investing in new greenfield opportunities.
- Apply the Jobs to Be Done methodology to understand user needs
- Build a product roadmap for your product and clearly communicate progress to all stakeholders
- Define OKRs and KPIs for your product and set quarterly goals to drive improvement
- Manage and prioritize Cross Functional Team backlog
- Defining a product roll-out (GTM) strategy and coordinating with our Marketing team
- Work closely with technical internal teams, including engineering and development, to write user stories and requirements
- Evaluate competitors and the market for capability-oriented and emerging development and technology trends
- Write, drive, and prioritize thoughtful and detailed functional specifications for data ingestion, data cleansing, data quality, analytic processing, BI, and data
science use cases then drive them via an Agile development methodology
- Other duties as required by the Company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5+ of technical product management experience leveraging data and advanced analytics, data science, and/or machine learning
- Have multiple successful product launches under your belt from concept to delivery
- Worked with JIRA and Confluence to manage an agile workflow (MVPs, etc)
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them; Be empowered and comfortable in making decisions without consensus and have the ability and drive and influence key stakeholders
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
- Scrum, agile development and/or cloud experience a plus
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, other quantitative disciplines, or related fields
- Experience writing detailed technical specifications describing requirements for data
movement, transformation, storage, and quality checks
- Experience in platform-level product management and have productized and delivered APIs to customers
- Ability to work with teams to define, and then own, detailed product requirements.
- Comfortable collaborating with and capturing requirements from external clients, and adding additional requirements as needed
- Able to internally collate and present concise product-line visions and strategy
- Polished presentation skills, able to influence at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively
- Entrepreneurial, organized, autonomous, and self-driven
- Able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Travel approximately up to 10-20% of time
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances,, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.