Energy Storage Systems (ESS) is a fast-growing, clean technology company, located in
Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an advanced flow battery technology for
commercial, industrial, and utility applications. With a team that boasts decades of
experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies, ESS has
developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines a
safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. This
combination of high performance with low cost means that ESS’s technology is ideally
suited for applications that range in size from retail energy management to utility-scale
ESS is looking for a motivated and hard-working Lab Technician to join our team. This
position works directly with R&D engineers and scientists for New Product Introduction
and supports maintenance and organization of engineering labs. Ability to work in a
team environment is a must. Applicant must be comfortable working in a fast paced,
dynamic work environment.
• Assembles test fixtures, test stands, and battery modules following directions
• Performs maintenance of and repairs to test fixtures, test stands and lab
• Operates test and related equipment following directions from engineers.
• Monitors tests, records data, and summarizes/reports for engineers as directed
• Installs and operates electronic and hydraulic instrumentation for generating test
• Provides general support of operations to other work groups based on level of
• Maintains lab cleanliness, organization, and a safe working environment
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions.
• Graduation from high school supplemented by technical school or appropriate
• 2 years of working experience in a developmental lab or 2 years of mechanical
assembly, repair or maintenance of mechanical equipment is required.
• Working knowledge of lab instrumentation and data acquisition is a plus.
• Can work from standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small,
• Comfortable working with chemicals.
• U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency