At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As the Field Marketing Manager, you will lead the design and execution of marketing events and in-market activities to ultimately build demand for Opal across our North America and EMEA territories. This role is responsible for full-scale event management, activation, communications, and internal marketing and sales department coordination for our own, industry and partner events and programs. The ideal candidate has a burning internal drive to create impactful experiences and events that educate, inspire and leave people talking. Your attention to detail, process, logistics and outcomes are evident in every assignment you touch.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop event and field campaign plans with key stakeholders to ensure it aligns with the overarching business priorities, sales objectives and market opportunities.
- Research, recommend and drive targeted marketing plans to support field sales team, including but not limited to field events, online events, relationships with local marketing associations, partner events and industry events/tradeshows.
- Continue to strengthen interest and demand for our branded Opal Brand Futures events series.
- Confidently wrangle internal and external stakeholders and resources to flawlessly project manage the execution of events and campaigns.
- Collaborate with senior leaders, sales and customer success team members to ensure that event goals, speakers, location and topic recommendations are in line with business needs.
- Manage speaker teams for all events to ensure content and messaging is consistent and on-brand.
- Works closely with the Marketing Programs Manager to execute field campaigns and programs for driving pipeline.
- Develop and analyze event performance metrics, including budget management, to drive future marketing decisions and optimize activation strategy.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- 5+ years field marketing experience, preferably in enterprise software marketing, SaaS or related technology.
- At least 4 - 6 years of experience planning and executing all components of a varied event portfolio including user conferences, strategic sponsorships, tradeshows, thought leadership platforms, online webinars and other type of events.
- Deep understanding of event industry norms such as venue contracting, housing, catering and technology (registration, online webinar hosting, etc.).
- Experience working closely with sales and account teams to develop and execute demand generation field marketing plans.
- Ability to craft messages that are meaningful and relevant to our target audience and compels them to take action - attend an event or ask for a demo, for example.
- Skilled at effective and timely communications that keep stakeholders updated and escalate when necessary.
- Reputation for executing projects that delight the audience and make business impact, on time and on budget.
- Ability to collaborate with others and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic.
- Extremely detail oriented, along with the ability to navigate ambiguity. Independent self starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to high-quality execution with minimal supervision.
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency and a bias to action.
- Proven ability to foster and grow relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, associations and/or media partners.
- Experience with marketing technology such as SFDC and Marketo.
- Travel as required for site inspections, planning meetings and event execution.
- BS or BA related degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience.
- This role is based in our Portland, OR office.
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A very inviting and supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
Opal is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.