The Director of Strategic Accounts oversees a team responsible for projects and business relationships with assigned accounts to grow the relationships and ensure success leveraging Cloudability’s platform, included supporting services, and paid services. Specifically this role is responsible for our revenue goals related to renewals growth (net of churn) and paid services.
- Lead a team of Strategic Account Managers to drive revenue to meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets for platform renewals and paid services
- Act as a “Player/Coach” by carrying accounts as well as managing the team, responsible for meeting both individual and team objectives
- Work closely with field Account Executives to support identification and attachment of paid services to new logo transactions when those services support the customer’s objectives
- Manage pipeline and pipeline reporting to forecast renewals and services quarterly and annually
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual planning and measurement for goal attainment, both individual and team
- Assist team members in development of complex renewal negotiation proposals and deals
- Identify where automation and technology will increase team performance and efficiency. Develop business cases for Cloudability investment in those technologies. Manage procurement and implementation of those technologies.
- Understand the customer needs, influence the Cloudability roadmap, and build mutual value at each stage of the cloud journey.
- Evaluate and develop process to measure and improve renewal outcomes while optimizing overall effort required by SAM team members
- Evaluate and develop process improvements to increase performance of team responsibilities
- Retain and renew customers through reducing churn, expand use of our product, and building C-level/Exec sponsorship
- Engage customers through Product value meetings, hosting Customer Advisory Board in each Territory and Cloudability training for new BUs, and Quarterly Business Reviews/Executive Briefings
- Grow accounts through increased monthly recurring revenue ,up-sell additional services engagements, create growth plan for clients and develop strategic partnership with clients
- Evaluate assigned account’s business processes and provide recommendations for automation and enhancements that generate additional revenue through paid services engagements
- Act as liaison for internal and external communications with assigned accounts. Manage ongoing strategic customer communications and ensure a positive relationship with assigned accounts. Provide regular status reports and manage task lists on assigned accounts progress for all project areas
- Will be required to attain and maintain public cloud certifications.
- Up to 50% travel to support selling renewals and services
- Proven experience in technology related sales or account management experience, including deal negotiation experience
- Proven C-level selling experience
- Experience in process improvement and management projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using a CRM software system, preferably SalesForce
- SaaS and/or Analytic experience preferred
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or IT is a plus
- Formal solutions selling training a plus
- Well versed in analytics and adept at navigating complex data sets to find answers
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Cloud
- Skilled at building relationships with customers and co-workers
- Persistent, tenacious and able to deal with people in a fast-paced professional environment
- A talented communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
We provide competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Disability and Life insurance included)
- 401(k) + Student Loan Repayment Program
- Wellness + Commuter Benefits (company-paid parking)
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays including Boxing Day
- Dog friendly office + weekly yoga + coffee (it's really good)
Cloudability is Portland-based, cloud optimization platform enabling organizations around the world to succeed technologically and financially in the cloud. Thousands of companies have trusted us to help them track, manage, and optimize their cloud cost. Our mission is to change the way companies leverage the cloud and we want you to be apart of that journey.
Cloudability is changing how companies adopt and consume cloud. If defining and creating new market opportunities excites you, this is a company is for you.