moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform. We’re looking for a Systems Administrator to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Systems Administrator you’ll be responsible for prioritizing and ensuring prompt delivery of all needs and requests directed to the Corporate IT department. Regular activities include configuring new hardware, responding to end-user requests and implementing new software systems. The IT Systems Administrator is also responsible for the primary network routine maintenance and upgrades. This position reports directly to the Company’s IT Manager and is based at the Company’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- First response for IT related inquiries, including resolving service desk tickets in a timely and friendly manner
- Responsible for employee onboarding and offboarding, including deploying equipment, and assigning appropriate access to systems. Also, working closely with other departments to further streamline these processes
- Assist IT Manager on project work, such as implementation of new software systems and security/compliance-driven initiatives
- Facilitate technical support for important presentations, such as company all-hands meetings and demos
- Technical documentation of procedures and self-help in the company wiki
- Make recommendations to IT Manager on improving technology around the office
- Other duties as required by the Company
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of IT support experience
- Strong knowledge of SaaS systems (such as Okta, Google Suite, and JIRA/Confluence)
- Strong knowledge of macOS and advanced troubleshooting and optimization
- Basic network administration experience -- troubleshooting connectivity (WiFi & VPN), VLANing
- Experience running video conferencing for large audiences (Zoom/RingCentral)
- Experience as primary support for an enterprise business environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.