moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform. We’re looking for a Release Coordinator to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Release Coordinator you’ll be responsible for delivering world-class products to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful. The Release Coordinator is a member of the engineering team and is responsible for coordinating releases across cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate release planning and execution for multiple products, across multiple departments and multiple teams
- Update release plans daily with Jira tickets, risks, assumptions and agency specific details
- Coordinate issue triaging when tests fail, identify risks and escalate issues to management, and proactively communicate releases status and blockers
- Oversee and forecast third-party resource needs for testing
- Define what teams need to provide (test plans, training, etc) to effectively use external test resources
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of third-party testers
- Measure and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the release processes and suggest/implement improvements
- Set standards that ensure reliable and systematic releases of high quality software
- Create, update and share release process documentation
- Define requirements and criteria that need to be met in the release process
- Ensure quality levels are maintained or improved
- Coordinate incident response release activities
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in an IT or change coordination role
- Proven experience with Release Management processes and execution
- Familiarity with latest build and release technologies
- Strong understanding of test automation concepts, frameworks and reporting
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Expertise in JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with source code management using git and Bitbucket
- Hands on experience with deployment tools and scripts
- Familiarity with iOS and Android application publishing processes
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to hold others accountable and ensure they follow processes
- Capable of working collaboratively across the entire organization
- Positive solutions-oriented attitude
- Curious and willing to learn
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Travel Required: 0-5% of the time
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.