moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform. We’re looking for a Product Designer to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Product Designer you’ll be responsible for leading the user experience development of our back office web suite. You will work to understand transit riders and agencies, how they interact with our current solutions, and seek ways to improve upon those solutions. The Product Designer will communicate their ideas to stakeholders via analytics, system maps, wireframes, presentations, and any other methods they see fit. This position reports directly to the Design Director and is based in Portland, OR. moovel will assist with relocation costs for out of state candidates.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Research and provide solutions moovel’s back office web suite
- Understand end users’ motivations, frustrations, process, and pain points (observing agency and customer service reps as they interact with our products)
- Developing and maintaining personas and journey/empathy mapping
- Create documentation (system maps, wireframes, qualitative/quantitative report, prototyping, etc.) to communicate the solution to key stakeholders
- Follow best practices for accessible designs, including attention to font size, color contrast, color blindness, and languages
- Understand the UX toolkit and advocate for user-informed solutions
- Understand industry best practices for iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Understand hierarchy, UX trends, features, and apply them to moovel products where applicable
- Collaborate with our in-house Design System team and fellow Product Designers to critique and review solutions
- Collaborate with the Design System team to create hi-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Inspire, mentor, and educate fellow designers and our growing company on the UX process
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-4 years of relevant product design experience working on major product releases
- Experience designing effective user experiences for web products
- Proficiency with Sketch, Abstract, Photoshop, LucidChart, Axure, Balsamiq, or similar
- Experience running and facilitating workshops and interviews
- Ability to mentor junior members of the UX team
- A portfolio that shows breadth and depth of work
- Experience working closely with designers, product managers, and developers
- Proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences
- Interest in the transit industry and commuter experience
- Skills Interest in data visualization
- NFC, ticketing, bluetooth, or other emerging technologies a plus
- Experience as an embedded UX designer on cross-functional teams
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.