moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform. We’re looking for a Financial Planner & Analyst to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Financial Planner & Analyst you’ll be responsible for contributing to the financial planning and reporting process including budgeting and forecasting, evaluating business opportunities, analyzing key metrics and providing insights to help the business scale. This role will build and maintain dashboards, create ad hoc slide decks for business cases and conduct complex research and analysis to support business strategies. This position will partner with internal stakeholders across all departments, including Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and Finance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conduct financial planning cycles with in-depth financial forecasting models
- Prepare monthly cost center reporting and analysis and report to budget owners
- Maintain, distribute, and create data visualizations, analytics and custom dashboards tailored to stakeholder needs
- Create, execute, and interpret results of break even analysis, ROI and scenario analysis
- Participate in the internal treasury function including cash management and cash flow forecasting
- Provide regular, relevant and timely reporting to internal stakeholders as well as respond to ad hoc reporting requests from internal departments, management, global management and shareholders
- Work with departments across the company to perform market analysis, prepare business cases and measure and analyze results
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Assist system implementations and special projects
- Provide backup support of accounts payable function, as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years work experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or engineering preferred and/or commensurate work experience
- Experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment and ability to successfully manage multiple deliverables
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and presentation tools
- Working knowledge of Accounting practices required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A curious and eager self starter who desires to gain a deeper understanding of the business and its drivers and enjoys iterating on the analysis of our strategic KPIs
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar budgeting, forecasting and modeling tools
- Experience with Tableau, Google Data Studio or similar data visualization tools
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Interest in transit, Smart Cities and the future of urban mobility
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.