moovel North America is an urban mobility company helping make cities smarter. We’re a corporate start-up within the Daimler ecosystem pioneering the next era of mobility. Every day we help improve the lives of local communities through accessible and delightful user experiences within our city-branded mobility applications. Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. It’s a lofty goal, but one that inspires us every day to bring to life. By partnering with cities, public transit agencies, and end users worldwide, we’re helping transform cities by providing convenient and sustainable solutions powered by our Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform. We’re looking for a Accounting Associate to help shape the future of mobility together. We provide an epic space that fosters collaboration and creativity in one of the coolest buildings in downtown Portland. We’ve got all the perks of tech with a stocked kitchen, an open and flexible work environment, fun extracurricular activities and a unique culture that puts people first. What we’re looking for is exceptional people who share a passion for developing creative solutions that advance our mission and vision. As moovel’s next Accounting Associate you’ll be responsible for handling expense related financial processes including critical areas of the Accounts Payable cycle, and departmental cost accounting procedures. The Accounting Associate will also provide support to the Revenue Accountant in reconciling revenue across multiple clients and will report to the Finance and Reporting Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Serve as full-charge Accounts Payable accountant performing all tasks associated with the Accounts Payable and expenditure cycles as well as departmental cost accounting
- Assist with adherence to documented processes and controls to ensure compliance and maintain and enforce the Company's expense and travel policies
- Serve as the gatekeeper for expense reporting, reviewing expense reports to ensure they are complete, accurate and within basic compliance guidelines
- Assist with monthly accounting close efforts, including completeness of Accounts Payable and preparation of monthly expense and prepaid reconciliations
- Assist with streamlining systems and reporting tools to ensure efficient and accurate recording and proper classification and timing of expenditures
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2-3 years corporate and/or public accounting experience
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting and/or commensurate work experience
- Experience with attestation engagements; compliance and/or financial
- Strong proficiency with Excel
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Must be hands on and able to work independently
- Must be able to provide advanced accounting expertise in support of company’s expense cycle
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Portland, OR, moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 8% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer transit, gym and cell phone allowances, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, a welcoming environment for dogs of all sizes and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.