At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
A human resources (HR) coordinator administers a variety of human resources activities and programs, including those related to staffing, benefits, compliance, data analysis, and specific projects as assigned. Additionally, the coordinator answers employee questions on HR matters such as insurance, retirement plans, hiring procedures and company policy. The job also includes managing new hire orientations, human resources events and open enrollment for benefits such as health insurance. As the position involves handling employees' personal information, the coordinator is expected to maintain proper security for all employee files and follow privacy procedures at all times.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and process new hire paperwork, online documentation completion, verifying I-9 form and initiating systems set up.
- Manage job posting process and assist hiring managers as needed.
- Coordinate benefits enrollment/changes for eligible employees and communicate with Finance and Benefits providers to ensure enrollments/changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the coordination of HR events such as scheduling of annual benefits Open Enrollment meetings, and recruiting events.
- Responsible for processing benefit enrollments for all new hires and making benefits changes to existing employees.
- Maintain employee data tracking system (Bamboo) and keep employee data up-to-date by processing employee status changes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain and compile Human Resources information for reporting as required.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment benefits laws and regulations
- Manage leaves of absence/FMLA & UI claims in partnership with HR Managers
- Respond promptly and thoughtfully to employee questions concerning policies, procedures and benefit programs
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Human Resources related field and/or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 2 years of benefits administrative/office support experience, including customer service responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to use personal initiative and cooperation in performing job duties.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Skills in identifying areas of efficiencies and making recommendations for improvement.
- Experience working with teams outside of the United States is a plus.
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Stock Options
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands on the planet
At Opal, we are building a world class organization of creative and strategic thinkers. There are no individual egos at Opal, only a team that strives to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.