We at Bright.md are making healthcare better! Our diverse, creative team work closely together to deliver software that takes a guided and async approach to providing care. We are looking for a Senior Operations Engineer and Leader who’s excited about building a new approach to patient care.
You’ll be on a diverse and high-performing team that's making a difference, and we want you to enjoy it. We'll provide a compassionate, innovative, happy place to work, and encourage you in your efforts to become even better. You'll work with really cool technologies and we will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together.
You will have a strong technical background and familiarity with AWS, administering modern SAAS applications, security standards, and are willing to learn and teach the latest practices in operations engineering. Our team works together to ensure our applications perform well, are cost effective, and remain secure. We need you to help us continue to grow.
What Will You Do?
- Extend our infrastructure automation, monitoring, and alerting
- Enhance and build internal tools and services for high availability
- Streamline our release process for more frequent releases
- Contribute to our deployment pipeline and enable us to build blue/green deployment, rolling upgrades, and staged releases
- Work with all layers of our application from DNS to Database queries to enhance availability, performance, and cost efficiency
- Mentor and develop engineers in operations best practices
What Experience Do You Have?
- A strong operational background familiar with systems automation using tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience leading or managing an Ops team
- AWS Experience, especially infrastructure management products such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer, and Spinnaker
- Experience with software packaging and deployment.
- Regard for cost management in cloud services as is important in a modern SAAS startup
- Capable of participating in technical conversations and decisions as well as documenting the results
- A passion for continuous education in operations. You should love the rate of innovation in the public cloud and embrace it as a fundamental part of our business.
- Deep experience with AWS Services, especially, EC2, ELB/ALB, ECS, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, KMS, CloudFormation, IAM, WAF, and SNS.
- Hands on Experience with Kubernetes or Fargate
- Network Administration with a focus on DNS Availability, VPC Management, and VPN Administration
- Experience in building continuous integration environments for services, particularly building and maintaining Travis and build tool chains
What We Offer
A great set of benefits, including employee ownership through stock options, health insurance with premiums coverage, a Health Savings Account (HSA) program, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more. Our team also values fun as well as work. Many of us play board games at lunch, go on runs after work, or take work time to volunteer in the community together.
Ready To Apply?
Fill out the application below. Be sure to send a resume and cover letter. Let us know why you are interested and why you are a great fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.