moovel NA has an exciting opportunity for a Research and Development Engineering Internship. This is a hands on role that will work across the cross-functional teams and will be directly partnered with a Lead Developer who will mentor and coach you through the duration of the internship. The position will be part time, for roughly four months, working an average of 29 hours per week. Projects will include coding embedded software features, reviewing new technologies, porting existing code to new hardware and OS platforms, and extending the current test suite. A strong candidate should feel comfortable challenging assumptions and providing insight to problems before they happen. This position is based at the Company’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coding and testing of embedded applications
- Follow the development process and steps as outlined such as ensuring code reuse where possible
- Provide proper documentation throughout development lifecycle
- Troubleshooting and correcting program errors or defects
- Coordination with other developers and test engineers to ensure end to end unit testing and post production testing
- Follow established software development processes
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Working towards a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Understands standard programming concepts, procedures and practices
- C, C++ and Java coding knowledge
- Interest in embedded operating systems such as: Linux, Windows Embedded (WinCE 6.0 – Win IoT), Embedded Android, Buildroot and other cross-compilation tool chains.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to develop innovative solutions
- Good analytical skills with ability to assess complex situations and understand key issues quickly
- Demonstration of desire to learn advanced computing concepts either through advanced course work, or other projects
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of general mobile (Android and iOS) and embedded architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with BLE, WiFi, NFC, and barcode technologies
- Interest in working on research projects utilizing Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision
- Interest in IoT and robotics
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.