moovel North America is looking for a iOS Engineer interested in delivering world-class mobile applications to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively in an agile cross-functional team
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and services
- Supporting existing products and services that people are using everyday
- Applying development best practices to your work
- Crafting clean code supported by automated tests
- Leaving the code base in a better state than you found it
- Reviewing user interface designs and providing feedback
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure consistency and promote reuse
- Working with Product Owner and Product Manager to understand requirements
- Estimating level of effort and story points to support planning
- Collaborating on architecture and technical solution design
- Utilizing your technical expertise to help solve problems and propose solutions
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of iOS development experience
- Expertise in Objective C, Swift and the Xcode tools
- Experience working with RESTful web services and JSON
- Complete understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- Thorough knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Familiarity with CocoaPods
- Experience creating animations
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be productive with a multiple languages, frameworks and paradigms
- Willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to step into legacy code base
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Travel required: 0-5% of the time
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 6% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a transit allowance, gym allowance, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.