moovel NA has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Sales Engineer. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with both developing embedded systems and leading technical sales initiatives. This role will work closely with moovel’s Product and R&D team to help define the sales strategy to promote leading edge ideas and products. A strong candidate should feel comfortable in a client facing role to build relationships with clients through on-site demoing and managing the end-to-end procurement process. This position will be based at the Company’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide pre-sales technical support to sales teams
- Attend and/or present moovel solutions at industry conferences and client demos
- Foster relationships with transit agency representatives at the senior level
- Integrate with R&D to sell new / existing products to achieve company metrics
- Work with product, sales, and R&D teams to define the demo experience for customers
- Manage and execute logistics of that demo experience at client sites and industry conferences
- Ensure maintenance of clients in the team CRM database (Salesforce)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Successful experience in working with sales and engineering staff to deliver high-quality demonstrations and presentations to clients
- Strong ability to quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms both in writing and verbally
- Development experience with industrial and IoT hardware and embedded operating systems such as: Linux, Windows Embedded, Embedded Android and cross-compilation tool chains using Buildroot and Yocto
- C, C++ coding knowledge
- Knowledge of embedded communication network protocols such as I2C, RS-485, RS-232, CAN
- Knowledge of internet protocols and patterns (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets, RESTful APIs)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Working knowledge of the general mobile (Android and iOS) and embedded architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- 3-5 years experience in B2B and/or government sales or client management
- Experience with BLE, WiFi, NFC, and barcode technologies
- Interest in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision
- Confidence and ability to present to groups of people and prospective clients
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Travel required: Up to 40% of the time
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 6% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a transit allowance, gym allowance, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.