If you love creating and maintaining software, working with Linux, and focusing on networking, this might be a great role for you. Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud.
Interested? Check out our website for more info: http://www.bigleaf.net/#video
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
This is multi-faceted role where you’ll have opportunity to work on multiple projects, including:
• High-Availability Software Design, Development and Deployment: Our customers purchase our service to improve their network reliability and performance. In this role you’ll carefully brainstorm, design, build, deploy, and maintain systems that are fault-tolerant, efficient, fail gracefully, and solve problems in creative ways. Systems you might work on include our web application, network monitoring and routing software, a distributed configuration management system, data storage systems, and other critical software components. You should have the ability and vision to solve challenging business needs through clever and scalable software and system designs.
• Linux Systems Development: We run a software-based network that relies extensively on Linux. You will be involved in projects that may include creating/modifying kernel modules, containerization, and packaging.
• Troubleshooting: Our software has to run efficiently, and our network has to run almost flawlessly. You’ll spend time diagnosing problems in code and with Linux system integration, testing code updates, and helping with network operations, all to ensure our customer’s don’t have to think about their internet connectivity (because it always works).
• Documentation and QA: You’ll carefully document your code and the use of it so other team members can work effectively, and you’ll perform QA testing to ensure you’re shipping quality code that works well.
• 2+ years of recent, hands-on experience in software design and development
• Experience with multiple programming languages, algorithms and data structures
• Experience with SQL and Postgres
• Experience working with the Linux kernel
• Understanding of the Linux networking subsystem
• Excellent team-player able to collaborate and communicate well
• Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
• Natural ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
• Strong understanding of IP networking fundamentals
• Ability to be on-call for major software or system issues
• Ability to travel occasionally (a few times per year)
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.