moovel seeks a Financial Analyst to assist in developing and automating key operational metrics, analyzing monetization efficiency to maximize revenue and provide relevant analysis for prioritization of efforts and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The Financial Analyst Intern will report to the VP of Finance and work with the Chief Financial Officer and VP on financial modeling and analysis including requirements gathering, research and business evaluations to provide business insights into key initiatives. This role will be exposed to historical and prospective financial analysis, research and the the various finance functions.
The position will be part time, for roughly four months, working an average of 29 hours per week. The position will be located at our Portland, OR headquarters.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform market research and analysis and prepare a business case for entering a potential new market and/or launching a new product line
- Develop a pro forma model that is repeatable and can be utilized as the business continues to grow
- Compile and streamline customer data, prepare historical evaluation of client activities and assist with preparing projections and metrics for new client engagement
- Client and partner analysis including review and extraction of relevant financial information from publicly available financial statements
- Provide support to members of the finance team on an ad hoc basis
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of excel (Pivots, V-Look-up, Index/Match, Arrays, Advanced Charting/Graphing etc.)
- Self starter with superior organizational skills and a desire to dive deep into the data to provide insights into trends and analyze results
- Pursuing a degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate student or an individual with commensurate coursework/work experience
- Mastery of Powerpoint/Presentation
- Advanced coursework in financial planning or analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial models
- Ability to work independently and manage deliverables and deadlines
- Enjoy analysis and Drive to see patterns in financial data
- Highly motivated and creative thinker
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer.
moovel builds products that people use everyday, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.