moovel North America is looking for an Operations Manager who will own the planning, design, development, and implementation of client related project tasks pertaining to moovel’s On Demand services. In this role you will be responsible for project deliverables (within time, cost and scope/quality), which will require constant communication with all parties and ongoing coordination with team members. The Operations Manager will be responsible for assigning tasks to members of the project team, keeping meeting minutes, distributing client team documents and presentations and providing a single point of contact between the client and moovel’s team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with international stakeholders to develop the On Demand program for the North American market
- Create and maintain the work plan for all relevant stake holders
- Develop and maintain an overall project schedule to ensure milestones are met in an efficient manner
- Manage and maintain tools and documentation for onboarding and maintenance processes
- Partner with Account Managers in on-boarding and delivering status updates to clients and internal staff
- Coordinate all required deliverables including, Pilot operations, vehicle acquisition (as necessary), facilitating the installation and configuration of software and hardware, documentation and training,
- Work with Marketing department on branding and marketing, and/or performance monitoring and reporting, per the final contract agreement
- Be available and responsive to requests for information, inspections or meetings related to FTA Third Party Oversight
- Regularly meet with clients to provide status reports and updates
- Indirectly manage a team that may include remote members to deliver solutions
- Leads project team in defining project milestones, resource plan, and schedule
- Builds and maintains high performing project teams
- Provides leadership through all phases of the project, motivating the project team to meet project goals
- Schedule and facilitate kick-off meetings, key milestones interagency meetings, field reviews, advisory and/or stakeholder group meetings, and other project related meetings
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Proven experience of owning and managing project initiation processes
- Basic familiarity with the software development lifecycle and Agile software development
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, Gantt and presentation programs and tools
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Multiple years of transportation experience including some paratransit and fixed route experience, as well as on demand (taxi, TNC, dynamic scheduling)
- Relevant experience in public transportation operations management, planning, route planning, customer service, and scheduling
- Ability to work with teams to define, and then own, detailed project requirements
- Comfortable collaborating with external clients and internal teams
- Polished presentation skills, able to influence at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering on project timelines
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
- Travel approximately 25% of time
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 6% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a transit allowance, gym allowance, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.