Customer.io’s mission is to power the world’s automated communications that people love to receive.
Today, we do this with an app that allows businesses with many users to send targeted, more relevant communication at scale. We’re a geo-distributed team of 39 across 10 different time zones, and we’re looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to help us find more amazing team members. You can read more about what it’s like to work here on our careers page.
You, our new Talent Acquisition Specialist:
You will be responsible for the company talent life-cycle; leading the development of a hiring plan, recruiting, hiring and onboarding employees in a way that strengthens our company culture, values and the success of the full team. Building strong relationships with our leadership and managers will ensure you’re supported and successful and that your work is aligned with company goals.
You’ll be working in:
- Greenhouse - applicant tracking system - building candidate pipelines, coordinating interviews and interviewer feedback, and communicating with candidates.
- Basecamp - proposing ideas, giving long-form feedback on projects, and sharing knowledge with the team all happens here.
- Google Apps - almost all of our internal documentation lives in Google Suite - being familiar with these tools will be to your benefit.
- TriNet - our PEO for US employees and Ceridian - our payroll system for Canadian employees
- Customer.io (our product!) - we’ve built internal campaigns for new hires and employees, but you’ll be empowered to make changes as needed here.
You’ll report to our VP of Operations, Maggie Hubbell.
What skills will you bring to the table?
We’re looking for someone who has worked in a fast-moving technology company as a Talent Acquisition Specialist and has experience filling technical roles. This person is responsible for creating an onboarding experience that supports our new employees success in the company.
Bonus points if you’ve worked...
- for a globally distributed team before and understand some of the complexities of workers’ rights and employment law around the world
- remotely. Being self-driven and finding ways to make an impact without all the dots connected for you already.
When growing our team, we’re also looking for a new perspective and a strong opinion—whether it’s developing a brand new hiring process, working with the VP of Ops and CEO on a compensation strategy plan, or helping a new hire onboard at the company.
Wondering about the specifics? Here are a few of the details…
Recruiting and Hiring
- Lead development of annual hiring plan
- Manage the recruiting process for all hires, screen all candidates - make hiring recommendations
- Research and recommend compensation for all roles and compensation best practices
Onboarding and Training
- Work with managers to define an onboarding curriculum that enables new hires to be successful within the company and their role
- Get standardized feedback from new hires about their onboarding experience and their impressions of the company
- Manage employee offboarding experience
- Leverage team members to train new employees on our product, compliance and security and other department specific knowledge
Communication and collaboration are the foundations of this role. We want to talk to you about getting to know an excellent group of people here and moving them in a meaningful direction with your work.
Customer.io is growing; if you’re looking for a work environment where processes are set in stone, you won’t find it here. But we’d want you to contribute to that also, to help us define the processes which help us build a great product.
Why should you work with Customer.io?
Work anywhere in the world you want or, if you happen to live in Portland, OR, you can work out of our office there. We want to enable you to do your best work, and this is how we aim to do that—
Competitive salary - We’re offering $80,000-$100,000 USD for this position in the company depending on experience.
Equity - You'll own a piece of the company that you help create. You’ll be recognized for your contributions by earning equity in the company.
Big Impact - Our team is small, but growing quickly. The work you do will materially impact how successful we are as a company.
Great Tools - Everyone in the company has an Apple computer and is given a budget for a motorized standing desk, Steelcase Leap office chair, external monitor, and anything else you'd like to get your job done.
Health Benefits - We pay 100% of your premiums for you and your family for medical, dental and vision and short and long term disability.
Paid Parental & Medical Leave - including adoption
Retreats - We get our whole company together twice a year. We've had retreats in Barcelona, Romania, Hunter Mountain, Chicago, Iceland, and Portland, Oregon.
Vacation - Rest and recuperation is important. We offer 4 weeks of paid vacation with flexibility for more.
At Customer.io, we’re committed to building a diverse environment. So far, we have team members in France, Germany, Canada, India, Pakistan, Australia and all over the US. Our CEO and CTO grew up in Singapore and Arkansas respectively, and met in New York City. Our company culture is always evolving; people from different backgrounds bring valued perspectives and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
Customer.io provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Customer.io complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Basically, we follow the law, but also like you for who you are!
Come Join Us!
Apply below with your resume, and make sure you tell us why you’re interested in the position! We’ve added a few questions that will also help us understand how you think.