Overview of the Job
As a software engineer and web developer, you will be responsible for supporting overall product development with an emphasis on how Brandlive can integrate with other 3rd party solutions. The ideal team member will be collaborative in approach but able to be productive independently and will also have good communication skills for interacting with the team as well as the occasional customer. We are looking for someone who is competent in full stack development and is excited to contribute to an eclectic array of projects.
Responsibilities You’ll Take On:
- Become an expert in the use of the Brandlive platform.
- Recommend and implement technical solutions to develop new and update existing product features.
- Use and/or develop APIs to create integrations between Brandlive and 3rd party platforms.
- Prioritize security and scalability for all development (after all, we are rapidly growing!)
- Be an integral part of a close team of developers
Technical Requirements and Experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience with server-side scripting (node.js) and relational database programming
- Experience utilizing 3rd party APIs.
Traits We’d Like from You:
- Comfortable with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances (e.g. a software startup environment)
- Natural drive to find creative and efficient solutions
- Ambitious and motivated
- The ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Enjoys a friendly environment that encourages working collaboratively and effectively
- Can appreciate the amazing view of the Willamette River you have from your desk
Don’t forget the Perks!
- Great Company Culture
- Competitive Employee Benefits
- Competitive industry pay
- Work from home 2 days per week (or come into office more if you like!)
- Unlimited and flexible PTO
- Choice of Mac or Windows computer
- Beautiful Office in N.W. Portland (literally on the water front!)
- Commuting Reimbursements
- Full kitchen with snacks and coffee
Education We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree desired
Why join the Brandlive team?
Be an active participant in Portland's vibrant tech startup scene! Contribute in a meaningful way to a post Series A start-up on the rise. We work with a wide variety of clients from athletic & outdoor, consumer products and advertising agencies. If you are looking to make a difference in the company you work for, this is the company for you.