moovel North America is looking for an Junior Android Developer (Contractor) interested in delivering world-class mobile applications to transit agencies and users throughout the world. The ideal candidate believes development is a team activity and enjoys it being that way. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are willing to fill any role to help their team be successful.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working collaboratively in an agile cross-functional team
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using moovel’s automation frameworks and tools, while contributing to their enhancements and improvisation.
- Contributing to the design and development of new products and services
- Creating and documenting test plans and test cases
- Contributing to automated unit, integration and client-facing end-to-end tests
- Performing manual testing when needed and identifying how to automate it moving forward
- Supporting existing products and services that people are using everyday
- Applying development best practices to your work
- Crafting clean code supported by automated tests
- Leaving the code base in a better state than you found it
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in Java or Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Experience working with RESTful web services and JSON
- Understanding of the mobile development life cycle
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- You believe quality is a function of engineering
- Willingness and capacity to learn new frameworks and languages quickly
- Positive attitude and a willingness to step into legacy code base
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.