Interested in growing your design chops? Want to improve how people move about their city? moovel North America is looking for a paid Product Design Intern who is enthusiastic about product design, accessibility, and transportation. Our design team needs your help to support products that are used by over 4 million people, and in turn you will learn the tools of the trade, participate in critiques, and iterate based on user feedback. This position will report directly to a Senior Product Designer, who will mentor and coach during the duration of the internship. We are seeking individuals in their senior year or recently graduated. The position will be part-time over the course of 16 weeks, working up to 29 hours per week.
This position is based at moovel headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating presentations and collateral to build apps for transit agencies
- Becoming an expert with the ins and outs of Sketch, plugins, and processes
- Generating and maintaining templates
- Generating mobile and web assets for developers
- Supporting the Mobility App with visual QA, UX research, and UX improvements
- Creating layered illustrations for simple animation
- Supporting fellow designers to problem solve and complete tasks
- Prototyping for user testing and agency projects
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Pursuing a degree in Design or equivalent, and in good academic standing
- Basic knowledge of Sketch or equivalent, with an interest to grow
- Knack for illustrating
- Understanding of iOS and Android design patterns
- Knowledge of visual design fundamentals such as color, typography, and layout
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer.
moovel builds products that people use everyday, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.