This position is hands on, working on a cross-functional team, and will be directly partnered with a member of the Product team who will mentor and coach you during the duration of the internship. The position will be part time, for roughly four months, working an average of 29 hours per week. Some of the projects will include market research (competitor reviews and product benchmarking) and document analysis (keyword identification and classification.)
A strong candidate should feel comfortable challenging assumptions and providing insight to problems before they happen. This position is based at the Company’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with moovel's product team and learning about processes for product ownership and management.
- Guided explorations of product team related projects such as reporting with trackable growth and goals.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Intermediate Excel- text formulas and parsing
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor degree in Design, Marketing, Business Administration, Software Engineering, or similar field from an accredited university and in good academic standing
- Familiarity with market research
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong interest in product definition and project management skills.
- Knowledge and interest in product development.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and analysis
- Problem solver. You know how to identify the right sources of information, and leverage data to make informed decisions around complex problems.
- Exceptional communicator. You can explain complex concepts in simple terms and know how to build consensus around ideas.
- Intuitive team play player with a proactive: “roll up your sleeves” work ethic
- Most importantly, you’re hungry to learn new skills and solve real user problems
- Agile, adaptable and capable of self-starting work.
- Desire to learn about mobility, transit, and urbanization
- Interest in product design and technology
- Polished presentation skills, able to influence at all levels
- High-level understanding of technology stacks, software deployment, and hands-on experience with web and mobile technologies.
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer.
moovel builds products that people use everyday, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.