This position is hands on, working on a cross-functional team, and will be directly partnered with a Lead Developer who will mentor and coach you during the duration of the internship. The position will be part time, for roughly four months, working an average of 29 hours per week. Some of the projects will include improving transit agency onboarding for our platform; assisting with importing fare catalogs, setting up pricing rules, and configuring UI & accounts. Other projects may include updating JSON config and MySQL databases, building tools and UIs to automate updates, and re-factor existing code to work for new agencies with different business models.
A strong candidate should feel comfortable challenging assumptions and providing insight to problems before they happen. This position is based at the Company’s headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working alongside full time software and QA engineers, embedded within our cross-functional teams
- Coding real features and patching bugs in real products used internally and externally
- Regular 1:1s with senior staff to help maximize your experience working within moovel
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding of microservices
- Experience with Git, Jira
- Must be pursuing a Computer Science degree from an accredited University and in good academic standing – or – recent completion of a Code School program with a focus on software development
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with Sass
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Docker
- Comfortable using Mac OSX
- Willingness to learn and collaborate on a team
- Strong written and verbal communicator
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Able to work from our downtown Portland office at least 3 days a week
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer.
moovel builds products that people use everyday, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.