moovel is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer who will play a key role in rapidly getting high quality code to production while maintaining highly reliable development operations. In this role, you will maximize the predictability, efficiency, security and maintainability of our operational environments. In this role you will report directly to the Director of DevOps.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Attend team planning and stand up meetings
- Provide operational feedback and leadership
- Bring long-term architectural requirements to the DevOps team
- On-call rotation for incident response
- Perform infrastructure work and changes that are needed for team goals
- Identify automation and scripting that needs to exist to enable development
- Advocate for automation and tooling changes in sprint planning
- Train developers on tooling use when needed
- Exercise technical leadership and mentorship of development operations team
- Work with other cross functional and product teams to design key platform features
- Other duties as required by the company
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years experience of deploying and supporting infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to administer and monitor various services running on Linux
- Expert level knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Must be able to work proficiently on server environments using a console editor such as VI
- Solid understanding of Linux software package systems and deployment schemes
- Experience with automation-centric workflow management
- Familiarity with containerization and serverless architecture concepts
- Demonstrated experience with implementing systems that adhere to security best practices
- 2+ years experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Ability and can do attitude to tenaciously debug networking and system problems
- Ability to effectively assist developers and provide constructive operational feedback
- Excellent process-oriented thinking and implementation
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- A self-starter and self-reliant, but knows how to be a team player
- Customer centric work style
- Active member of the DevOps community
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
Who We Are:
At moovel, we see the world changing around us. Transportation is experiencing an incredibly rapid transformation with on-demand services and mobile technology changing the way we get around. But this change is good. It connects us with new options, experiences, and people that make our lives richer. moovel builds products that people use every day, whether on a daily commute or vacation in a new place. Join us as we develop solutions that shape cities and interactions within them.
moovel is seeking exceptional people. We expect that you’ll work hard, collaborate often, respect others, and have a good attitude even during the busiest of days. moovel N.A. offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits at no cost to employees. We also offer a generous holiday schedule with four weeks of PTO annually. Our compensation program includes a 6% retirement contribution, an annual bonus program and competitive base salaries.
In addition to the more traditional benefits, we offer a transit allowance, gym allowance, in-office meals and snacks, ping-pong, and many other perks. You will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse team in our Portland office as well as our parent company based in Stuttgart, Germany.
Our office is centrally located in the heart of Old Town, bike friendly, and within walking distance to a multitude of restaurants, bars, and shops. The Portland Streetcar and TriMet offer easy-to-use transit services connecting the downtown Portland district to the Pearl District and greater Downtown Portland.
moovel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, moovel complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.