At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst® framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As a Senior Solutions Consultant, you will provide technical support to sellers and the prospective and expanding customers they serve. You will be responsible for performing discovery with potential and existing customers to understand how Opal can best solve their needs. You will be comfortable customizing product demonstrations based on customer pain points and expected positive business outcomes. The ideal candidate is comfortable owning the technical relationship with Opal prospects and customers from identification to close.
- Own the technical relationship with Opal’s prospects and customers, including managing product and solution briefings.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Customer Success teams to identify opportunities for growth within new opportunities and existing customers.
- Comfortably and confidently perform deep discovery with prospects and growing customers to capture functional, security, process, and system requirements and map them to business value.
- Deliver product and solution demonstrations to prospects and customers.
- Lead customer or prospect facing technical requirement and definition process.
- Recommend technology and process strategies to optimize Opal’s product effectiveness.
- Identify and translate customer and prospect feedback to inform the product insight process and ensure pre-sales and post-sales customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging marketing technologies.
- Travel up to 20% is required to lead on-site customer explorations and demonstrations.
- Degree in Computer Science or Digital Marketing (or similar), or equivalent technical training and professional work experience, specifically in the marketing technology space.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Solution Architect, Sales Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Customer Experience Manager, or equivalent experience in a software development or technical consultancy environment.
- Strong understanding of marketing technology and associated tools.
- Proven ability to leverage domain expertise toward effective product positioning, customer-facing participation in the sales process, and revenue goals and product roadmap.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate the business value of technical features from marketers to executives.
- Knowledge and comfort with standard web technologies, including application servers, web servers, relational databases and browsers.
- Knowledge and comfort with security and privacy compliance, including AWS systems and associated standards and regulations (ISO 27001, SOC 2) a plus.
- Technical experience with SaaS market and the cloud services.
- Familiarity with APIs a plus.
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- Company-sponsored retirement program
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture