At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst™ framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world-class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As an Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will play a critical role in keeping Opal operating efficiently and effectively. You will act as a gatekeeper, facilitating the success of the CEO by ensuring that he is open to focus his time and energy in the manner most beneficial for the company. A successful candidate has a good sense of self, interpersonal savvy, a strong personal presence and confidence in his/her decisions. S(he) is willing to work hard, takes direction well and applies creativity to solve complex problems.
The ideal candidate is adept at developing and maintaining relationships and uses that skill to benefit the team or individual s(he) represents. S(he) is process-driven, dynamic, resilient, organized, articulate and positive.
- Represent CEO’s agenda and responsibilities, both internally and externally
- Proactive Calendar Management: Setting up meetings, calls, special events, and personal commitments, including booking meeting rooms, venues and communication with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with Executive Team on internal and external meetings and agendas
- Attend key meetings, capture major take-aways and work with Executive Team on necessary deliverables
- Coordinate with wider Opal team to assist in the planning and scheduling of all Opal conferences, events and internal meetings
- Coordinate with sales team to plan international events and customer visits or events requiring CEO involvement/attendance
- Coordinate with marketing and others, as appropriate, to plan PR and speaking commitments, including press interviews, correspondence, etc.
- Assist CEO and Executive Team with travel coordination and logistics
- Assist CEO with the management of Opal’s Board of Directors by providing information, direction, scheduling and overall facilitation the Opal Board relationship
- Assist with expense tracking and report creation
- Develop draft communication on behalf of the CEO, both internal and external
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that could impact the successful execution of the CEO’s commitments
- Exercise independent judgement when managing the allocation of company resources, funds or the CEO’s time
- Minimum five years experience working as an Executive Assistant
- Prior experience as an Executive Assistant at the Board level, comfortable liaising with senior members of staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business Administration or equivalent (in degree or experience)
- Proven track record of task ownership and providing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to draft presentations and successfully present at the Board level
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement and work autonomously
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal, (added knowledge of AP Style preferred), diplomacy and EQ
- Unquestionable personal code and commitment to ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Experience in collecting, filtering and summarizing information in a concise, accurate and digestible format
- Highly motivated with a flexible work style
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- Company-sponsored retirement program
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture