At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst™ framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As a QA Engineer at Opal, you will be joining a team of exceptional engineers that know that being on the QA team isn’t just about bug hunting and regression testing. As a QA Engineer at Opal you’ll be deeply embedded in every project, from the start, to examine it through the eyes of the user and ensure it delivers the intended as intended. Every QA Engineer has the ability to make a true impact on the Opal Platform, from process and tooling evolution to being a key stakeholder in significant projects. We are looking for someone to help raise the bar on quality and not be scared of getting their hands dirty.
- Work with functional teams to help embed quality in the early stages of development.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases using TestRails.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities with other teams across the company.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts to encourage efficiency across the product team.
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs using JIRA.
- Learn and execute deploy scripts and other console commands.
- Help to develop and refine our QA process.
- Cross browser testing.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear, whenever necessary.
- Use Git/GitHub to manage our code.
- Experience in influencing quality on a modern Web application.
- Experience with performance/load/stress testing
- Experience working with Agile development teams
- Experience with working on large complex projects from start to finish
- Knowledge of error handling and debugging techniques
- Meticulous and comprehensive consideration of details associated with a full-featured enterprise platform.
- Working knowledge of a backend and frontend languages (Ruby / Node / Elixir / React.js).
- Great communication, even under pressure.
- Open and collaborative attitude.
- Quick learner & critical thinker.
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Early-stage stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
- A fun, open office with ping pong, video games and snacks for days
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands on the planet
At Opal, we are building a world class organization of creative and strategic thinkers. There are no individual egos at Opal, only a team that strives to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.