Web UX Designer(Remote) at Auth0
United States of America
Ever wish customers said this about your company’s technical docs? Well, they could. At Auth0, we will build nothing less than the most elegant and useful technical doc site on the planet.
Can you can help us create it?
We’re a fast-growing start-up free of the usual blockers to greatness, and we’re committed to spending the time and resources to get it right. You’ll work with great latitude to understand our customers, build a plan and work with our team to create a Web presence of ineffable beauty and function. And of course, you’ll listen to our customers to make sure they’re continually amazed.
Perhaps you’ve been looking for an opportunity like this for your entire career?
Auth0 provides an enterprise-grade platform that secures billions of log-ins every year. We make it easy to implement even the most complex identity solutions for Web, mobile, IoT and internal applications, as well as sophisticated identity management for employees, customers and partners.
As of August 2017, Auth0 has raised over $54 million from Meritech Capital, NTT DoCoMo, Trinity Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, K9 Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank, Founders Co-Op, Portland Seed Fund and NXTP Labs.
Thousands of enterprises and millions of users worldwide depend on Auth0 for authentication and authorization of their most mission-critical apps, APIs and IoT devices. Like I said, we’re growing fast.
Sound like fun? Here’s what we’re looking for:
You’re responsible for creating and growing a peerless Web experience. We’re a small, agile team, so you’re a self-starter who’s passionate about helping customers and selfless when it comes to collaboration. You’re also an entrepreneur at heart, who’s comfortable filling many roles and always looking for ways to improve our business.
- Conceive, design and work with developers to grow a customer-focused Web experience at https://auth0.com/docs
- Intense and informed focus on understanding our customers, and what they need to make their life easier and love our products.
- Create the underlying information architecture and taxonomy that gives our site a foundation that customers connect to, and we can build on as we grow.
- Own not just our /docs site, but influence the entire Auth0 Web customer experience.
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to create and grow exemplary technical Web sites.
- History of gathering, analyzing and responding to customer feedback.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BI/SI methods, and examples of how they’ve informed your decisions.
- Mastery of information architecture and taxonomy.
- Superior language skills, especially related to developmental/line/copy editing.
- Ability to chose the best way to communicate, whether it’s with text, illustrations, videos or any other format.
- We’re a globally-dispersed company, so you must be comfortable working with teammates from diverse cultures and time zones.
- We’re a remote-work company, so you must be good at managing your own time.
- Some travel might be expected, but it’s to really cool places.
- Comfortable working in a low-process and agile work environment, where a premium is placed on outcomes.
- You’re a positive contributor to a politics-free culture where we help each other out and have each other’s back. This actually might be your most important attribute.
- A degree in technical communications, information management/science, graphical design or related field is preferred.
- A master’s degree is a huge plus, especially in areas related to communication, project management or information architecture/science.
- Portfolio of Web sites, and the customer-focused methodology you used to create them.