As a Customer Success Manager at Opal, you’ll join a smart, gritty, and passionate team of relationship builders, who have a heart for the customer.This role owns the customer relationship and leads strategic conversations with some of the biggest brands in the world to understand their business, objectives, and success criteria.
As the primary customer contact post-sale, you’ll be responsible for driving the implementation of Opal, ensuring high and sustained platform adoption and renewal. In close collaboration with your sales counterpart, you’ll develop account strategies to ensure Opal is demonstrating value that leads to growth and expansion opportunities while creating Opal customer advocates.
This position is for our New York, NY office. This position is NOT eligible for relocation.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. Opal works together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Establish customer rapport to develop trustful, authentic, and productive customer relationships and customer advocates.
- Oversee the Opal implementation process for new customers within assigned territory.
- Guide customers through the Opal engagement and implementation model to ensure maximum usage, adoption, value, expansion and retention.
- Be the Opal product expert and demonstrate a deep understanding of the Opal platform and solutions; use enablement materials to help customers leverage the platform’s functionality to its fullest potential.
- Create positive synergy with Sales counterparts to deepen customer partnerships and collaborate on strategic approach for each customer in your assigned territory.
- Lead strategic, value-based conversations and presentations with key stakeholders to discover meaningful business needs, establish next steps, and ensure the customer achieves their business goals and maximizes investment in Opal.
- Be the voice of the customer internally and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Customer Success, Education, Support, Sales, Product, and Marketing) on key milestones along the customer journey.
- Understand and improve internal processes for troubleshooting customer issues.
- Utilize digital CRMs (e.g. SalesForce and Totango) to accurately manage customer information, identify and resolve at-risk early indicators, service gaps, identify optimization and expansion opportunities, and bolster territory management and growth plans.
- Work proactively to eliminate risk of customer churn, escalating issues as needed.
- 20% domestic (and some international) travel domestically for customer meetings.