Our Company NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon.
Role: Accounting Associate
Location: Eugene, OR
Are you excited to build your career within a dynamic growing company where you’ll utilize your accounting and bookkeeping experience? NemaMetrix is currently searching for an Accounting Associate to support our Finance Team in all areas of bookkeeping, payroll, and financial administration.
The Accounting Associate will work directly with the Director of Finance and assist with accounting and bookkeeping functions. They will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of both payable and receivable-related items, while resolving all discrepancies in a prompt manner. The Accounting Associate will ensure that employees of the organization are paid accurately and on time. Other duties include managing backend data relating to the hours worked by an employee matched with their pay periods and hourly wages, salaries, overtime, sick days and vacation days.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Accounts Receivable – invoicing; maintenance of customer files
- Accounts Payable – input vendor invoices; prepare invoice voucher packages for payment to include preparing checks. Work with purchasing and receiving departments to ensure vendor invoices are correct before entry
- Cash Receipts: Posting and properly coding payments received
- General Ledger – perform standard journal entries,
- Account Analysis – review GL accounts and perform analysis of those accounts as required; ensure account accuracy
- Expense reports – provide account statements to users and insuring proper recording of expenses
- Multi-State Payroll entry into the accounting system (with experience administering payroll a plus)
What You Bring to the Table:
The Accounting Associate should be nimble, self-reliant, and comfortable wearing many hats. A candidate who is a seasoned bookkeeper and can help drive a culture of formalization and adherence to good standard-practice bookkeeping processes throughout the organization is ideal. Work is performed under general supervision and guidance, with more detailed instructions on new assignments. In addition, you are organized, enthusiastic, adaptable and able to maintain positive relationships both internally and externally to NemaMetrix.
- No degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping role
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop close working relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and/or G Suite
- Demonstrated ability to maintain problem-solving approach in collaboration with internal and external contacts
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Quickbooks online experience required
- Working with sales commissions in a payroll capacity
- Experience bookkeeping for grants is a plus
Perks of Working with Us In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events
- Dog friendly work environment
Our Commitment to You NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.