Our Company NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
NemaMetrix is located in Eugene, Oregon.
Role: Laboratory Associate, Biology
Location: Eugene, OR
Are you excited to build your career within a dynamic growing company where you’ll utilize your biology and lab experience? NemaMetrix is currently searching for a Laboratory Associate to provide support to our operations team.
In this role you will help build custom transgenic C. elegans and Zebrafish for clients around the world. The sophisticated nature of the work requires initiative and attention to detail. You will work collaboratively with the team to ensure that we can consistently deliver quality results to our clients.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Preparing solutions, buffers or similar, as necessary to complete the above activities
- Pouring of agar plates
- Managing and maintaining appropriate record keeping and related documentation of laboratory work
- Cleaning laboratory supplies and glassware
- Helping maintain healthy C elegans colonies
In Addition, the Incumbent will be required to:
- Communicate effectively with teammates
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
- Perform other assignments as directed
- High school diploma, or combination of education and experience equivalence
- Minimum 12 months industry experience post education
- Solid mathematics and calculation skills
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time-sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
Perks of Working with Us In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events
- Dog friendly work environment
Our Commitment to You NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.