If you love creating and maintaining software, working with Linux, and focusing on networking, this might be a great role for you. Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/ Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
Position SummaryThis is multi-faceted role where you’ll have opportunity to work on multiple projects, including:
- Systems Infrastructure Management: Our platform is built on co-located servers and network equipment, cloud VMs, and customer-premises network appliances which are primarily using Linux. You’ll help us develop and deploy more efficient and effective infrastructure as we continue to grow our overall footprint to accommodate an exponentially increasing service base.
- Applications Development for SD-WAN: You’ll apply experience in network protocol development to design and deliver business-ready SD-WAN products and features which enhance performance and understanding/visibility of different applications interacting on the network.
- Full-stack Web Development: You’ll participate in HTTP application development, including JSON APIs and web hosting, in both the front-end (HTTP Request processing) and back-end (databases and other infrastructure).
- Training/Mentorship: As part of the role you will provide documentation and training for teammates and other Bigleaf employees, as well as mentorship to junior teammates that you work with.
- A strong attitude of service towards co-workers and customers
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in relevant software engineering roles
- Advanced network protocol experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience with shell scripting and several programming languages, preferably including Python
- Strong understanding of Linux, including the Linux networking subsystem
- Experience with Cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with SQL, preferably including Postgres
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
- Natural ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation