The Riveter is looking for a Senior Manager of Performance Marketing that will be responsible for leading our Performance Marketing Channels (including Paid Advertising, Affiliates, and SEO) and ensuring The Riveter meets our high growth business objectives for growing membership and sales. We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on digital leader who is an expert in all digital marketing channels who collaborates with partner teams to ensure that we are maximizing performance throughout the member journey. This is a highly visible role that will collaborate with brand marketing, analytics, finance, and product/dev teams to meet objectives.
Our ideal candidate is hands-on with Google Ads, Retargeting, Facebook Ads, and Affiliate networks with experience on both subscription based and ecommerce retailers. They can think and plan strategically, but also dive in and work at a granular level setting up and optimizing campaigns. They will be curious, passionate and driven to succeed. They are comfortable with Google Analytics, Snowflake and data interrogation and use insights from partner teams to influence campaigns and develop the ongoing marketing roadmap. Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, this candidate will have deep expertise in articulating and evangelizing a comprehensive paid digital strategy, launching new channels, building national programs, managing agencies and building and scaling in a Series A, start-up environment.
What You'll Do:
- Own Paid Search, Display and Retargeting channel - research, forecasting, planning, execution, and analysis. Manage at the campaign and overall tactical level. Manage vendors/agencies, comfortable with $500K-$2M advertising budget.
- Run our social advertising capability, specifically focusing on Facebook and Instagram, using Paid to grow members, drive traffic to our owned channel, while increasing engagement and followers on social channels. Partner with Organic social team on best practices, campaigns and performance
- Run our Affiliate and Influencer program, including owning strategy, outreach and performance of this important channel.
- Build and lead an SEO team, including technical, content and local SEO in partnership with engineering, content and space teams.
- Have a thorough understanding of how digital marketing drives user growth, monetization, and engagement the lead gen/co-working businesses but also subscription/media businesses.
- Communicate objectives, strategy, and performance results across cross-functional teams, driving external agency partners to meet objectives.
- Lead the development, refinement, and implementation of a cross-channel digital marketing strategy across the entire Riveter member lifecycle.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor more junior team members, partnering with Content/Creative teams, Social and Email Teams, and Product/Dev teams to meet objectives
- Possess a strong command of customer acquisition and user lifetime value models as it pertains to performance marketing
- Build and own performance marketing reporting on weekly and monthly basis.
- Implement landing page, A/B testing and other best practices to drive membership, subscribers and engagement on our Riveter.co site.
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Demonstrate the ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes.
- Possess a strategic and business-forward mindset - understand how to work towards broad business objectives and navigate in an ambiguous business setting.
- Be creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and creatively solving challenging problems.
- Use crisp communication to sell your ideas and drive innovation forward.
- Be able to prioritize and execute tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Be self-motivated, comfortable working independently with minimal direction.
- Desire to learn quickly, develop new skills, and take calculated risks.
- Leadership experience, hiring, managing and mentoring more junior channel owners
- A/B testing and landing page optimization experience is expected.
- SQL familiarity is a huge plus - we are building a self serve culture.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands on, performance marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the full marketing funnel, from awareness and consideration all the through acquisition, engagement, and monetization (followed by retention) for lead generation and subscription businesses.
- Structured, concise, and thoughtful communication, with experience framing and solving problems.
- Total comfort operating in G Suite environments.
Pay Band: Level P3
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.