The Riveter is looking for a Director of Human Resource who will be responsible for planning, leading, directing, developing, and coordinating the policies, and activities, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
We are a dynamic, growing startup fighting together for equity of opportunity for all working women. Founded in 2017 by women with an idea to transform the future of business. We’re committed to providing best-in-class professional and personal development programming, world-class events, flexible membership, and collaborative workspaces to help everyone accelerate their companies, their careers and their lives.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS).
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Performs other duties as required.
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Have startup experience in a rapidly growing company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with G Suite
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
Pay Band: Level 4
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.