Candidates need to be located in the Portland, OR metro area. Unfortunately, we cannot support fully-remote employees or relocation services at this time.
Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful relationships between companies and their customers by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable and understandable.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner. We partner with banks, brands, and businesses that are passionate about relationships with their customers and want to give a compelling, new reward. It's not about us. It's about consumers and the companies they love, loving them back.
As a Product Designer at Bumped, you’ll own feature designs from initial concept through design iteration, asset production, and product release, and work with Product, Design, and Product Management to apply feedback and usage data in order to evolve the product line.
This is an opportunity to combine your passion for simplifying complex problems into simple, engaging solutions, and getting those solutions into the hands of end users.
This role will work on the Product team, reporting to the Director of UX. As we are a lean, ambitious startup, your problem-solving skills will also contribute to the success of cross-functional teams within the company who interact with our products, including Engineering, Quality, and Support. This is a pivotal role in delivering on the Company Mission, contributing to all aspects of design including visual design, UX flows, interaction guidelines, and applying research to inform design decisions.
- Design simple and intuitive product experiences, even when the use case being designed for is complex
- Evaluate and synthesize data from multiple sources within and outside the company
- Own and grow web- and app-based design patterns with a team of colleagues from front-end engineering, product, and design
- Design new (and revisions to existing) experiences from concept to launch, including user flow deliverables to aid in storytelling, and assets for Engineering for implementation
- Identify the needs of users (we call them “Owners”—get it?) and improve on existing features, with a watchful eye on how they fit together as products grow
- Think ahead to help inform Product Strategy to maintain a roadmap inclusive of design iteration
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- 3+ years preferred in a product or UI/UX design role at a B2C or B2B software company
- Bonus points for experience with Fintech, securities, and/or in a regulated industry
- Excellent communication—verbal, written, and visual; you’ll be expected to clearly articulate your designs, including giving, receiving, and applying feedback
- An ardent champion for the end user (and the customer, knowing how they may differ)
- Self-motivated to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with design tools required to illustrate UX flows, design and iterate UIs, prototype interactions, and deliver assets to other teams
- Ability to prototype user flows, create A/B and/or usability test assets and environments
- Experience translating user data to identify insights and make them actionable
- Ability to translate product requirements into actionable UX flows and product design, while fulfilling the original requirements
- Innovation-biased and comfortable in a startup environment with a lot of loose ideas and context-switching
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees...
Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don’t point fingers.
Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what’s happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don’t understand directives or decisions. It’s much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do—on an org, team, or project-level—is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We’re working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.