We are a company that cares deeply about the environment and about our employees. We treat our customers kindly and help apparel businesses to be more sustainable. We are like a family here and are looking for someone who can commit to a full time schedule. We would like someone who is interested in steady, long term work, a consistent schedule and has reliable transportation to work.
The Warehouse Coordinator Role
This role wears many hats, and requires someone who is good at switching gears. On one hand it requires someone with a natural sense of humility and an innate ability to communicate with a variety of communication styles. This role requires coordination with the customer service team, the shipping team, the production team, and colleagues who work remotely. This role is responsible for the shipping and quality standards for the department, and requires the sensibilities of a natural leader, as well as a passion for customer service.
On the other hand this role requires someone who is very precise, exact and detail oriented. The entire team depends on this role to use their “librarian brain” to maintain the integrity of our inventory, and to innovate a system to keep our physical inventory at the highest level of accuracy as possible as items move in and out.
This role involves some lifting too, as bins get added onto shelves, AND a natural skill with different software applications and technology in general.
Typical duties include:
Coordinating (warehouse and shipping)
- Take on the accountability of the shipping department: shipping coverage, service level agreements, quality standards, communication about changes in process
- Liaison with the customer service department about shipping needs, customer requests etc.
- Train others in shipping
- Liaison with various members in production about missing items, or garments with quality issues
- Processing sales orders, retrieving items purchased and preparing them for shipping
- Using our inventory and shipping software to process incoming sales orders. Including printing Pick Slips
- Process shipping labels and apply correct postage to each package, depositing in pickup bin, or take to Post Office as needed
- Adding finished garments into inventory so they may be accurately and efficiently stored and retrieved
- Managing stocked items; carefully changing their locations
- Using the Wave machine to reach high up bins, lifting up to 15-20lbs
- Maintaining the highest level of data integrity of our inventory
- Performing cycle counts and data reconciliation to review the accuracy of inventory
- Make inventory adjustments when necessary
- Establish a system for inventory movement in and out of the warehouse
Level: Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
Rate: $17 an hour
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Manufacturing
Full Time Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays
- Very detail oriented, precise and exact
- Courteous and kind communicator
- Able to take direction and supervision
- Great problem solver and self-manager
- Able to move/lift cartons and construction materials - up to 20lbs
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
- Willingness to perform other projects as assigned
- Cross-train between several different departments
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Cleans and maintains work area
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
- Demonstrates good attendance and punctuality
- Must be 18 or older, High School diploma or GED preferred
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 20lbs in weight.
- Must be able to stand/sit at computer workstations for long periods of time during shift.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.