We are a company that cares deeply about the environment and about our employees. We treat our customers kindly and help apparel businesses to be more sustainable. We are like a family here and are looking for someone who can commit to a full time schedule. We would like someone who is interested in steady, long term work, a consistent schedule and has reliable transportation to work.
Photo Stylist Role
Photo Stylist role is full time, and requires product styling, photography and photography software management. This role executes The Renewal Workshop product photography, including styling products, taking and editing photos in Capture One, operating multiple computers, cameras and lighting equipment and managing photos on ecommerce software platforms.
Typical duties include:
Photo Operations and Styling
- Styling the Renewed Apparel in preparation for photo as per TRW photo styling standard
- Scanning & tracking the product into the TRW system
- Achieve daily production targets set by the production plan
- Looks for opportunities to improve and optimize this part of the business for increased effectiveness
- Ensuring that the images are the correct specs and quality to load onto the website
- Post-processing of photos - crop, change exposure, and other adjustments.
- Maintain Product Photo database
- Managing photo backup routine.
Level: Experience in apparel product styling and photography
Salary: Commensurate upon level of experience
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Fashion
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- Photo Styling Expertise
- Photography Experience
- Knowledge of Capture One a plus
- Experience in a photo studio or on fashion model shoots
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Must have an eye for styling and photography
- Comfortable with set etiquette and directing models
- Satisfied with fast paced, repetitive production photography
- Comfortable in multiple computer software programs
- Able to operate both PC and Mac based computer systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Complete job duties within given time constraints
- Perform other projects as assigned
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include using a computer and camera
- Must be able to correctly identify garment and fabric colors to TRW standards
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 15lbs in weight.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is a new kind of apparel company that makes discarded clothing and textiles into something new. We partner with the world’s best-loved brands and retailers to recover value from their unsellable returns and excess inventory.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into renewed apparel, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. Data is collected on everything that flows through the system and is shared with our brand partners to help them improve the production and design of future products. Renewed Apparel is sold direct-to-consumer at renewalworkshop.com and in selected stores or back to the brand. We’re the certified renewal partner of our brands and our accompanying labeling in the garment acts as a seal of trust and quality.
The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers the full value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.