The DevOps Engineer works on a robust suite of web and mobile applications to improve the robustness of Opal’s DevOps compliance footprint, tools, and infrastructure, and helps Engineering maintain the sky-high level of trust our organization has built with customers across the globe.
Key themes this role will focus on are cloud and datacenter architectures, CI/CD automation, incident response, remediation, training, access control, hardening, and secure development.
You should strive to be an influencer on our Platform Operations team by guiding the team to best practices and uplift other Engineers by leveraging previous experience and sharing knowledge.
This position is for our Portland, OR office and is NOT eligible for visa sponsorship.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Develop hardening guidelines and review security configurations related to Linux/Unix hosts, Cloud technology deployments and common web application frameworks.
- Help security harden a stack of technologies including: Terraform, Docker, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Ansible, Vagrant, and Jenkins.
- Administer and maintain credentials for a variety of infrastructure and services.
- Maintain, protect, and administer data storage systems including security, encryption, and GDPR compliance.
- Build tools, systems, and processes that allow your fellow engineers to ship world-class software as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Architect, support, test, and maintain CI/CD pipelines (Blue/Green experience is a plus).
- Working closely with QA, Platform, Operations, and Experience/UI teams to automate and improve security in workflows.
- Advise, and support best practices with a security mindset for a variety of technologies
- Taking part in product brainstorms to help think up the next big thing and bring a strong security stance along the way.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear whenever necessary.
- Be a leader in documenting, educating, and de-siloing of information and process.
- Be a champion of supporting customer needs and finding short-term ways to fill those needs.