CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment.
CrowdStreet is the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, as well as the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
About the Role
CrowdStreet if in growth mode and looking for an experienced Manager, Software Engineering with a passion for building modern, scalable web applications and the ability to roll up your sleeves and join the team in hands on product development. This role will report to the CTO and will be accountable for building, managing and coaching a team of software engineers and ensuring timely and successful delivery of a high quality, scalable, and secure software applications.
What You'll Be Doing
- Grow and manage a team of 6-8 software engineers.
- Model and coach the technical team on software development processes, quality and delivery management best practices.
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers in planning sessions to interpret the product roadmap and product specifications in building new features. Assess complexity in building features, provide accurate estimates and identify risk.
- Follow through and ensure timely delivery of product roadmap. Work with senior management in effectively communicating updates.
- Participate in code and design reviews to help ensure stability and quality.
- Participate in bug triage meetings to review incoming bugs, work w/ key stakeholders in understanding incoming tickets. Be an active participant in assisting w/ background grooming and retrospectives.
- Delight existing customers by actively managing their issues and delivering timely fixes.
- A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role with 5+ direct reports
- A great track record in building and delivering modern B2B and B2C applications in a Software Saas company
- Technical (tactical) and business (strategic) acumen
- 7+years experience with SaaS product development using Java / J2EE paradigms
- 2+ years experience with Frontend technology (e.g. React, Angular, Bootstrap, Material)
- 2+ years experience with AWS and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, BitBucket)
- 2+ year experience using Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Ability to context switch frequently in a fast paced environment
- Previous Experience building CRM, Marketing Automation or BI tools
- Be a Data guru and obsessed w/ data hygiene
- Knowledge of Data Science tools
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.