CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment.
CrowdStreet is the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, as well as the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
CrowdStreet is rapidly growing and looking for an experienced Event Marketing Manager to support the Marketing teams ability to execute successful events for our investor and sponsor communities. This role will report to the Director of Marketing Communications.
The Event Marketing Manager will manage events end-to-end; this role will oversee the strategy, planning, development and execution of CrowdStreet’s events across the U.S., as well as the conferences and trade shows that we sponsor. As our business goals grow and change, this role will continue to evolve event strategy to meet those goals and measure the return on our investment.
What you will be doing
- Manage events from end to end: set goals and objectives, coordinate the content development, drive promotional plan, negotiate contracts, and manage logistics.
- Build an annual event plan that supports both B2B and B2C sides of our marketplace.
- Work closely with our customer-facing teams, including investor relations, sales and customer success, throughout the event planning, execution and retrospective process.
- Partner with other members of the marketing team on the brand, content and promotion of all events, and manage timelines and related projects.
- Identify key sponsorships and speaking opportunities.
- Help define the events budget and manage the spend.
- Continually iterate our event strategy to meet our company and team goals and measure the effectiveness of that strategy.
- Build a repeatable and scalable framework.
- Keep all key stakeholders in the loop: run event planning meetings and communicate strategy.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Supporting internal CrowdStreet events.
- Report on all event leads, understanding the leads’ effectiveness through the funnel.
What we must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in event marketing experience
- Can demonstrate strong project management, communication, and prioritization skills
- A successful track record of running capital-efficient events and reporting the ROI
- Willingness to travel 10-25%
What is Nice to Have
- Fintech, investment management, and/or commercial real estate industry experience
- Experience with marketing automation tools like HubSpot
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.