At Bigleaf, our mission is to improve application usability by developing and delivering technology and services that enhance network reliability, performance, and observability.
We believe that managers are servant leaders who will act with drive and urgency, yet always take the time to listen and to do the right thing. They constantly seek new ways to explain, coach, teach, enable, and bring out the best in everyone around them.
Please include a cover letter telling us what will make you successful in an engineering management role for a fast-growing startup.
- Management: You’ll be responsible for individual developer productivity and growth, potentially also other managers.
- Mentoring: Navigate challenging life situations, bolster collaboration and teamwork. Basic HR like approving time off, 1:1s.
- Release processes and tools: Work with the Atlassian stack (Bitbucket, Jira, Bamboo) to ensure a healthy release cadence.
- Cross-functional leadership: Collaborate with product and sales leaders to define project requirements and shape team priorities.
- A strong attitude of service towards co-workers and customers
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4 years managing high-performing software engineering teams
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality software
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Experience with Cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- Natural ability to incrementally troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
This is a full-time position based at our corporate office in Beaverton, Oregon. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, stock options and a gym membership.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad.