We're making healthcare better! Our diverse, creative team works together closely to design, build, and test software that’s changing healthcare. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Services Team who’s excited about building a new approach to patient care.
You’ll be on a diverse and high-performing team that's making a difference, and we want you to enjoy it. We'll provide a compassionate, innovative, happy, and transparent place to work, and encourage you in your efforts to become even better. You'll work with technologies, including a multi-platform application architecture, asynchronous network software, clinical ontologies, and mobile platforms. We will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together.
You will be working with a team that is responsible for designing, validating, implementing, and iterating on features that aim to better our overall approach to patient care.
Skills & Requirements
- Communicates well with others
- Experience writing scalable and highly available microservices, ideal candidates will have experience migrating from a monolithic application to a micro services architecture
- Experience running, deploying, and maintaining production services in the cloud, ideal candidates will have experience using Amazon Web Services
- Has an excellent understanding of metrics, monitoring, and alerting as they relate to the code you create and the creation of reliable systems
- Has proven track record mentoring team members to reach the next level
- Willingness to take ownership of a project and show your leadership skills, and experience as a team lead
- Knows two or more system languages, with a preference for Python
- Is comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience creating and using CI/CD build pipelines
- Deep understanding of functional idioms and object-oriented principles
- Advanced understanding of REST (e.g. HATEOAS, async, streaming entities)
You likely have 7-9+ years of production coding experience, but we believe that proven skills are more important than years of experience. If you’ve got strong skills, but have taken a different path, we’d love to hear from you. Cultural fit is also critical. We’re looking for someone who strives for excellence, has an open mind, and who actively shares ideas with a creative, close-knit team. We endeavor to create a psychologically safe environment where there are no wrong answers, where people think differently, and where there is never just one "right way" to solve a problem.
What We Offer
A great set of benefits, including employee ownership through stock options, health insurance with premiums coverage, a Health Savings Account (HSA) program, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more. Our team also values fun as well as work. Many of us play board games at lunch, go on runs after work, or take work time to volunteer in the community together.
Ready To Apply?
Fill out the application below. Be sure to send a resume and cover letter, with links to online samples of your work on GitHub, if available. Let us know why you are interested and why you are a great fit!
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community.