Wildfang’s mission is pure and our pursuit is relentless: We exist to help every kind of woman become the best possible version of herself, smashing gender roles and patriarchy in the process. Sometimes this means giving her the confidence to rock a suit to the party. And other times it means giving her the support she needs to perpetrate some serious badassery out in the world, like taking a stand against reproductive injustice, gender violence, labor inequality and, well, the current administration. Our store may be founded upon a woman's right to menswear, but our core is founded upon a woman's right to rights.
The Wildfang Store Manager is responsible for the entire functionality and performance of the NYC brick-and-mortar store, including decisions that develop the consumer experience and deliver sales and profitability to the Wildfang bottom line. They must be highly organized and fast paced multi-taskers with time management skills that allow them to oversee end-to-end operations while always keeping the big picture in mind. The Store Manager must be solution oriented and possess the skills to make quick and impactful decisions to impact staff, operations, sales, and marketing. They must be prepared to roll up their sleeves, and help their employees execute their work and key projects when they lack resource or bandwidth. We are a family. #wearewildfang
- Interviewing, hiring, and onboarding all retail employees.
- Managing and develop employees by conducting regular employee performance reviews. Owning progressive discipline and, when needed, termination.
- Motivating and inspiring team by providing clear goals and tools to meet them. Develop and mentor the team to minimize turnover and optimize morale and productivity.
- Ensuring all operational communication is being shared with staff on a regular basis. Examples: schedules, sales reports, product information, and upcoming events.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining staff schedules and approving and tracking of PTO.
- Advancing Wildfang’s vision by taking 100% accountability for the financial success of the Wildfang NYC store by ensuring sales and profitability targets are achieved.
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics to understand and optimize store performance.
- Be the voice of the consumer. Identify and report on actual insights, trends, customer requests, and product/brand feedback to the broader Wildfang team.
Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Striving to make the Wildfang offline channel famous through amazing in-store consumer experiences that maximize engagement, conversation and conversion. Must be obsessed with customer service and willing to go the extra mile for customers while maintaining an understanding of the big picture.
- Responsible for training and developing retail employees to serve as highest standard of representation for the Wildfang brand. Offering immediate and ongoing feedback on all sales and customer service duties.
- Motivating and inspiring the retail staff to reach sales goals through comprehensive business literacy training.
- Enthusiasm for fashion and extensive knowledge and understanding of fit, tailoring, styling, and materials. Maintains a great understanding of clothing construction and care.
- Work with Retail Manager and marketing team to develop, implement, and evolve marketing programs that drive sales, including; events, local influencers, clienteling, grassroots partnerships, and in-store promotions.
- Ability to identify traffic driving opportunities. Utilizes customer service and leverages personal relationships with customers to encourage work of mouth promotion.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing all sales metrics on a regular basis to provide and concept solutions to impact store performance.
- Creating, maintaining, and delegating duties to drive sales through customer product requests, private shopping events, and clienteling. Must be highly organized in overseeing these projects.
- Organize, staff, and run in-store events.
Inventory and Visuals:
- Responsible for maintaining inventory organization and levels by completing regular inventory’s, auditing, and standards.
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback to Retail Manager and Merch Team on inventory performance and productivity.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing ways to mitigate shrinkage.
- Ability to analyze sales data and customer feedback to curate store visuals and bi-monthly floor resets that maximize sales and translate online brand messaging effectively.
- Assist with quarterly window and interior installations. Ownership may include calendar for build out, sourcing materials/contractors, and/or seeing project through from start to finish.
- Complete ownership of entire physical plant of store. Including; daily and weekly cleaning of inside and outside of the store, maintaining high levels of sales floor organization and all other maintenance.
- 2-4 years of management experience in a retail environment
- Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of retail math required.
- Previous experience with P&L statements, budgeting, and basic understanding of Excel preferred.
- Daily cash handling and weekly deposits.
- An understanding of New York’s current cultural/creative landscape and the ability to use this knowledge to engage customers and drive revenue.
- Must be proactive and driven, with a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability.