The Director of Services reports to the Senior Director of Growth and is responsible for defining and building the capacity to deliver and execute Premium Services, which includes custom paid engagements outside of the Standard Base Customer Success package. In this customer-facing and consultative role, you will own the strategy, tactics, and delivery of Premium Services to some of the biggest brands in the world.
As a member of the senior management team, you are responsible for materially developing and gaining buy-in of the strategy, business model, framework, methodology, and tactical plans for a sustainable, scalable, and profitable Premium Services function.
You will provide operational leadership and direction by ensuring the team understands and achieves desired results. This is a highly visible and cross-functional role, requiring the development and nurturing of close working relationships and alignment across the organization (Executives, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Sales, and Operations).
This role is both strategic and tactical. You should possess the creativity and drive to build an entirely new professional services function at a growth-stage SaaS company, and be energized by “putting the pieces together” in a fast-moving, at-times ambiguous environment that values collaborative effort and achieving results.
This position is located in our Portland office. This position is NOT eligible for relocation.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. Opal works together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
Strategy and Design
- Discover, define, align, and build the Services function, capabilities, and business model for Opal Premium Services.
- Develop, refine, and use a systematic and scalable services framework and delivery methodology to analyze and solve customer problems.
- Create quality and consistency metrics to be used in the delivery of services and programs that drive customer value.
- Lead the development of content for service offerings that bolster the established framework and delivery methodology.
- Create content deliverables such as a professional services framework, instructional designs, webinars, product information, methodologies, and other customer engagement materials, often in partnership with Product, Customer Success, and Education.
- Serve as a primary liaison to the customer and partner with the Director of Product Management and Product Managers to manage the intake and delivery on technical custom paid engagements.
- Lead, document, and facilitate strategic, value-based conversations with key stakeholders to ensure the customer is successful in meeting business goals and maximizing investment in Opal.
- With a consultative approach, conduct customer needs analysis and requirements gathering to understand and communicate customer premium services needs.
- Define and deliver the custom premium services that result from findings during the analysis and discovery phase, utilizing the defined framework and methodology.
- Show confidence in the face of ambiguity and competing priorities by driving for results, staying informed and proactive to customer needs, and accepting to new challenges.
- Be convincing across all levels of the organization, confidently pursuing stakeholder alignment, team leadership and project management.
- Provide coaching and guidance to team members, serving as a senior escalation point, and eventually managing the day-to-day work of a Services team.
This role involves approximately 20% travel for customer meetings.