Energy Storage Systems (ESS) is a fast-growing, clean technology company, located in
Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an advanced flow battery technology for
commercial, industrial, and utility applications. With a team that boasts decades of
experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies, ESS has
developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines a
safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. This
combination of high performance with low cost means that ESS’s technology is ideally
suited for applications that range in size from retail energy management to utility-scale
ESS is looking for a motivated, hard-working Manufacturing Technician to join our team.
This person is responsible for integrating plumbing, electrical, and sub assembly of
The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive
in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated and have an interest in
disruptive, cutting edge technology. The ideal candidate is someone who understands
the culture, the rigor and the challenges of a start-up environment.
• Ability to prep and terminate cables.
• Assemble and leak check plastic plumbing assemblies.
• Install electrical conduit and junction boxes.
• Layout and wire electrical panels.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient assembly of battery modules and other
electrochemical devices in a high quality and repeatable manner.
• Work with mechanical and manufacturing engineers to improve battery assembly
process and quality.
• Set up, operate and maintain test equipment to evaluate performance of
assemblies and record results.
• Operate drill press, grinders, engine lathe, or other machines to fabricate jigs,
fixtures and mountings to improve stack assembly manufacturing process.
• Perform in-process QC inspections to ensure the quality of the work performed
and the functionality of the component and/or module.
• Maintain production and test equipment.
• Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
• Experience with high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Worked in build-in-place capital equipment environment where many
components were assembled into an enclosure.
• Familiar with data entry and has used Excel
• Detailed note taker with attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small,
• U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.