Energy Storage Systems (ESS) is a fast-growing, clean technology company, located in
Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an advanced flow battery technology for
commercial, industrial, and utility applications. With a team that boasts decades of
experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies, ESS has
developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines a
safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. This
combination of high performance with low cost means that ESS’s technology is ideally
suited for applications that range in size from retail energy management to utility-scale
The Project Engineer oversees new product introduction (NPI) process and is
responsible to pull in resources from R&D, ENG, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and
Sales team to ensure timely and effective product development. The Project Engineer
is responsible to track cost of the new product and identify areas for cost reduction
improvement. The Project Engineer is also responsible to track cost reduction
activities. The successful candidate will have excellent project management skills and
an ability to manage multiple projects effortlessly.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and the environment, will thrive
in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated and have an interest in
disruptive, cutting edge technology. The ideal candidate is someone who understands
the culture, the rigor and the challenges of a start-up environment.
• Responsible for timely implementation of new processes in the designated Value
Stream areas. Projects will include New Products Introduction, Design for MFG
and Cost Reduction. Scope would include: Product Requirement Document
(PRD), Functional Requirements (FR), Product Specifications (PS), and
conducting Design reviews (FMEA tools).
• Project management: Use systematic techniques to break technical projects into
fundamental task requirements. Obtain (negotiate for) resources as needed,
communicate direction to team members, assign tasks as appropriate, and
ensure that commitments are met.
• Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing &
tracking project plans, and formally communicating same. Also, position will be
responsible for maintaining project budgetary control.
• New Product introduction: Support timely introduction on any new products or
product upgrades in the designated Value Stream area; including development of
product costs (COGS)
• Process Qualification: Support qualification of new products/processes, and
ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
• Safety/ Risk Assessments: Position will be responsible for ensuring safety
compliance in the area, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of
• BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or other Engineering disciplines required
• Minimal 3 years working experience in general project engineering with a focus
on large industrial systems is desired.
• Demonstrated technical and professional competencies on high profile projects,
coordinating project activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical
teams to meet project deliverables.
• Expert knowledge with DOE techniques, statistical analysis tools, and/or DFM
• Comfortable in fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
• Able to work in a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team
• Experience interacting with Lab and Engineering operations.
• U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency required.