Energy Storage Systems (ESS) is a fast-growing, clean technology company, located in
Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an advanced flow battery technology for
commercial, industrial, and utility applications. With a team that boasts decades of
experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies, ESS has
developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines a
safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. This
combination of high performance with low cost means that ESS’s technology is ideally
suited for applications that range in size from retail energy management to utility-scale
ESS is looking for a motivated and hard-working System Test Engineer to join our team.
The System Test Engineer will run our validation test program for completed product as
well as ongoing reliability testing.
• Plan and conduct system performance tests such as system energy efficiencies,
system durability, mechanical and electrical checkouts, flow validation, etc.
• Analyze, summarize and report system performance test results regularly.
• Work with operations and field service to schedule and carry out factory
acceptance, site commissioning and basic diagnostic testing.
• Set up and run test programs to evaluate performance and reliability of
developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating
conditions and report results.
• Maintaining a schedule for all ongoing testing and reporting to the engineering
• Communicate design issues/problems discovered during testing effectively to
• Collaborate with mechanical engineers or other personnel to identify, define, or
solve developmental problems.
• Construct and perform reliability tests on various key system components.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Requires a BS Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or
• Proficient troubleshooting electromechanical systems and mechanisms down to
the component level.
• Experience with battery/electrochemical testing is a plus.
• Experience with basic electrical wiring and electrical schematics a plus.
• Is comfortable working with acids and bases.
• Experience with reading engineering drawings and mechanical P&IDs a must.
• Capability to work on and around industrial power systems.
• Work independently and proactively.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small,
• U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency